Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

I Don't Know How to Love Him (Yvonne Elliman)

"I Don't Know How to Love Him" is a torch ballad sung by the character of Mary Magdalene who in Jesus Christ Superstar is presented as bearing an unrequited love for the title character.

I Don't Know How to Love Him is among the highest profile songs to originate in a late twentieth century stage musical.

Elliman performed "I Don't Know How to Love Him" when she played the Mary Magdalene role first in the Broadway production of Jesus Christ Superstar which opened at the Mark Hellinger Theatre 12 October 1971, and then in the movie version.

Her version of "I Don't Know How to Love Him" from the movie soundtrack gave Elliman a hit in in Italy (#21) in 1974. Latterly Elliman has performed "I Don't Know How to Love Him" when she's revisited her Mary Magdalene role firstly at a Jesus Christ Superstar concert by the University Of Texas at El Paso Dinner Theatre staged 14 April 2003, and then for a live-in-concert one-night only performance of Jesus Christ Superstar on 13 August 2006 at the Ricardo Montalban Theater in Los Angeles.

" The above text is a mashup from Wikipedia."

No comments:

Post a Comment