Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Elvis Presley - I Want You, I Need You, I Love You

"I Want You, I Need You, I Love You" is a song written by Maurice Mysels and Ira Kosloff. It is best known for being Elvis Presley's second RCA single release after Heartbreak Hotel, which had sold one million copies.

It was released in May 1956, with over 300.000 pre-orders, becoming Presley's second #1 single on the Country charts, and peaking at #3 on the Billboard Top 100 pop singles chart, an earlier version of the Billboard Hot 100.

The song earned Presley his second Gold record, with sales in excess of 1.3 million.

Elvis Aaron Presley (January 8, 1935 – August 16, 1977) is regarded as one of the most important figures of 20th-century popular culture.

He had a versatile voice and unusually wide success encompassing many genres, including country, pop ballads, gospel, and blues.

He is the best-selling solo artist in the history of popular music. Nominated for 14 competitive Grammys, he won three, and received the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award at age 36. He has been inducted into four music halls of fame.

No comments:

Post a Comment